General Financial Assistance
- Provides financial assistance for families experiencing emergency situations (e.g., emergency food vouchers, utilities, gasoline, rent, furniture, clothing, emergency travel assistance, prescriptions).
- Serving the following communities: Arnold Brackenridge, Burel, East Deer, Fawn, Frazer, Harrison, Lower Burrell, New Kensington, Harrison Township, Tarentum, and Verona
- Provides financial assistance for crisis situations, but the assistance cannot go towards rent or security deposits. You do not need to be referred by a social service agency.
- 412-781-1176 x2243
- Provides financial assistance for winter fuel bills in the form of a one-time grant.
- Serving the following communities: Etna, Glenshaw, McCandless, Millvale, O'Hara, and Sharpsburg.
- 412-487-6316 (Allison Park); 412-307-0069 (North Boroughs); 412-487-6316 (Millvale)
- Provides financial assistance and emergency food to families in crisis (e.g., food, energy assistance, budgeting, case management).
- Serving the following communities: Avonworth, Deer Lakes, Fox Chapel, Hampton, North Allegheny, Northgate, North Hills, Pine-Richland, and Shaler.
- Provides financial assistance with foreclosure, eviction, utility bills, and more. Call the number above or your local Presbyterian Church and ask how to apply for the Lazarus Fund.
- Funds are open to all community members and are NOT limited to members of that church.
- Provides financial assistance vouchers to help with prescriptions, small utility bills, food, and clothing.
Urban League Housing Assistance Program
- Provides financial assistance to prevent eviction. Eligibility for eviction assistance includes, but is not limited to, a magistrate's eviction notice. Financial assistance is also available for help in obtaining affordable housing (e.g., first month's rent or security deposits).
- An initial referral to the Housing Assistance Program must come from a social service agency.
- Provides financial assistance in the form of a one-time cash grant to help an individual pay the security deposit for permanent rental housing. Eligibility is limited to hose 21 years and older that are the single head of the household with at least one dependent child.
- An initial referral to HEARTH must come from a social service agency.
- Funds serve Allegheny County communities north of the river up to Butler County.
Source Information for this page can be found here.