WePay Cards - Frequently Asked Questions
I have an old WePay card; how should I use it?
- For card balance inquiries, visit www.myxpresscard.com or call 1-888-743-8863.
- You will be able to use your WePay card until the expiration date listed on the front of your card.
- We strongly encourage you to withdraw or spend your WePay card balance as soon as possible, as we will no longer be able to view details about your card and purchases.
- If your balance does not match a denomination available at an ATM, please take your card into a bank branch. A bank teller can withdraw any remaining funds for you.
Where can I use my WePay card?
- You can use the card anywhere MasterCard® debit cards are accepted. For example, in your area, you can use the card at Giant Eagle, Rite-Aid, CVS, and other retail stores. Simply provide the card to the store associate upon checkout and tell them how much value is on the card.
- You also can receive cash back at a store that offers this feature on card-based purchases. Simply tell the store associate how much cash back you want beyond the purchase price and up to the balance on the card. This feature will require the use of your PIN.
Can I use this at an ATM?
- You can use this Prepaid MasterCard® card at any ATM that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark (fees may apply based on bank policy).
- PNC or Citizen’s Bank ATMs offer one free withdrawal per card load. After that, you will be charged a service fee which will be taken from your payment. We recommend withdrawing your payment in full to avoid that fee!
- PNC bank allows withdrawals in increments of $5.
- Any ATM that displays the MasterCard® acceptance mark allows withdrawals in increments of $20 only.
Why was my card declined?
- It is important to know the balance on the card. If you are making a purchase for more than the amount on your card, let the clerk know your card balance; otherwise, your purchase may be declined. The store associate has no information about the balance remaining on your card.
I forgot my PIN, how can I find it?
- Call the research study staff that issued you the card to remind you of your PIN.
- If you have unsuccessfully used the incorrect PIN a total of three times over the life of the card, you will be automatically locked out of your account and your PIN will need to be reset. This can only be done by calling 1-888-743-8863.
How can I track charges and check my balance?
- You can find out your balance and recent transactions on your card by calling TransCard at 1-888-743-8863 or by visiting them at www.myxpresscard.com.